Re: Compliance with the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000
The primary purpose of collecting information is to enable the College to provide schooling for your child. If we do not obtain information as nominated by Government, we may not be able to enroll or continue the enrolment of your child.
- The College collects personal information including sensitive information about a student’s parents or guardians, before and during thec student’s enrolment at the College. Most of the information collected is to comply with College’s legal obligations, particularly in relation to discharging its duty of care obligations to its students.
- Certain laws governing or relating to the operation of the College require that specific information be collected. These include Public Health and Child Protection Laws.
- The College from time to time discloses personal and sensitive information to others for administrative and educational purposes. This includes such bodies as the Association of Independent School in New South Wales (AISNSW), Commonwealth and State Government departments, medical practitioners and people providing services to the College including specialist visiting teachers, sports coaches and volunteers.
- We ask you to provide medical reports about students from time to time. Health information about students is sensitive information within the terms of the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act.
- Personal information collected from students is regularly disclosed to their parents or guardians. On occasions information such as academic and sporting achievements, student activities and other news is published in College newsletters, other publications and on our web site. Photographs of students, staff and parents involved in College related activities may often form part of such publications. If you do not give your permission to use the abovementioned material pertaining to your child you must advise the College in writing that your permission is withheld.
- Parents may seek access to personal information collected about them and their child by contacting the College. Students may also seek access to personal information about themselves.However, there will be occasions when access is denied. Such occasions would include where access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others; where access may result in a breach of the College’s Duty of Care to the student; or where other students have provided information in confidence.
- The College from time to time engages in fundraising activities. Information received from you may be used to make an appeal to you. It may also be disclosed to organizations that assist the College’s fundraising activities solely for that purpose. Information may be given to the Parents and Friends Association, the Parish Executive and the Past Students’ Network.
- We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
- We may include your contact details in a class list and College directory.
- If you provide the College with the personal information of others, such as Doctors or emergency contacts, we encourage you to inform them that you are disclosing that information to the College and why. Inform them that they can access that information if they wish, and that the College does not usually disclose the information to third parties.
For any enquiries relating to this policy, you may contact the Head of College.
I/We consent to St Spyridon College contacting the applying student’s previous College(s) in order to collect information on performance, behaviour, fee payments and any information relevant to the processing of this application.
(Please note that if consent is not granted, this application cannot be processed)
(Please Print)[one_half]NAME OF PARENTS/GUARDIANS [/one_half] [one_half last=last](1) ______________________________________
[two_third] NAME OF CHILD ________________________________________[/two_third] [one_third last=last]YEAR LEVEL _____________[/one_third]
[two_third] Signature of Father/Guardian ________________________________[/two_third] [one_third last=last]Date __________________[/one_third]
[two_third] Signature of Mother/Guardian ________________________________[/two_third] [one_third last=last]Date __________________[/one_third]