Full-time College Accountant
St Spyridon College is a well-established, independent co-educational KM1-12 day school, with an enrolment of approximately 800 students, based on two campuses in South East Sydney. It is the first Greek Orthodox College to be established in New South Wales.
The College has a commitment to educational excellence within a caring environment, which is evident in its strong academic results and its exemplary pastoral and student leadership programs. The College prides itself on its outstanding teachers, who encourage every student to develop to their full potential.
An exciting new position has arisen for a full-time College Accountant. This position is expected to commence in July 2021, though this is negotiable.
The College Accountant will be responsible for management reporting, financial analysis, payroll, cash management, budgeting, financial reporting, compliance, tax, and month end/GL accounting.
You will be an experienced Finance Professional (CPA or CA) with a minimum 5+years experience in financial and management accounting, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis. Ideally you will have experience in the education sector (preferably schools)
The College Accountant will also contribute to the School Management System project so experience in this space will be held in high regard. Whilst there will be a consistent focus on process improvement throughout.
The successful candidate will be expected to support the Greek Orthodox ethos of the College. The skills and experience you will bring to the role:
- Technical accounting expertise, including preparation of monthly management reporting and analysis.
- Compiling annual budgets and tracking financial performance against budget.
- Experience processing the full payroll function , strong attention to detail
- High level organisational and time management skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines without close supervision
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and stakeholder skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively as an individual or member of a team.
- Great can-do attitude.
- Experience developing and delivering system and process improvement initiatives
- Strong experience with ERP finance systems and or School Management systems ( Eg Maze, Synergetic, TASS) Microsoft Office, payroll systems, & advanced Excel skills.
To apply, please send your application to the Business Manager Ms Samantha Xenos, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 31st May 2021.
Current drivers licence is required and a willingness to travel between campuses.
This position is child related employment. All applicants are required to complete a Working with Children Check clearance prior to employment at the College. See www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children for further information.