Teacher’s Aide/Early Childhood Educator
POSITION: Teacher’s Aide / Early Childhood Educator
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of College
REPORTS TO: Stage Leader
EFFECTIVE DATES: Term 4, 2022, or by negotiation.
DETAILS: 1.0 FTE
CLOSING DATE: Friday 7 October 2022
St Spyridon College is an independent, co-educational school with a strong commitment to the delivery of a rigorous academic program with a personalised learning approach that helps students find their passion and reach their potential.
Full-time contract position to start Monday 12 October 2022, or by negotiation.
We are currently seeking a person to work predominantly in our Kinder Minus One classroom (4-5 years of age), however, a willingness and ability to work with students up to Year 6 is highly desirable. The successful candidate must have an interest in supporting the growth and development of our schools’ youngest students as well as students with additional needs. Experience in prior to school settings with a Reggio Emilia influenced philosophy is highly desirable.
Hours of work: 8am-4pm during school term.
The successful applicant will:
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with students
- Be willing to assist in all duties required in taking care of the classroom environment.
- Be able to contribute to the behaviour guidance of students.
- Assist in the documentation of children’s learning.
- Work collaboratively in a small team of educators and within the wider school community.
- Undertake other duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following core competencies:
- Visa to enable work in Australia
- A current employee NSW Working with Children Check
- Certificate III or IV in School Based Education Support or a recognised Certificate III in Children’s Services qualification or similar
- Completed current training in Child Protection legislation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Positivity and a high level of emotional intelligence
- High expectations for the learning and achievements of students
- Professional presentation and conduct
- A strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Willingness to actively support the Orthodox ethos of the school
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be addressed to the Head of College.
Applications must be sent to email@example.com with the following:
- Cover Letter: Introduce yourself, the reasons for applying for the position and why you are a suitable candidate.
- Resume: Work history, educational qualifications, other relevant professional and personal experiences.
- Working With Children Check number
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate